6 Ways to Go Green
There is no doubt that going green is the new trend these days but it isn't always affordable for everyone. Although going green is a smart choice because its good for both the environment as well as ourselves, many of us do not have the kind of money it takes to update their home and everything in it. Energy efficient appliances and heating systems and hybrid vehicles are great but very expensive. But that doesn't mean that you can't find simple ways to go green that make big changes. There are many things that we can do to improve the size of our carbon footprint on the planet that don't even cost anything to do. Here are just a few of the small changes that you can make to get you started on living a greener life.
1. Recycle - The first and most important thing that you can do to go green is recycle. Not only do aluminum cans and plastic bottles take large amounts of fuel to manufacture but plastic bottles are constantly found lying around and are not biodegradable. Recycling is easy and in some cases you can even make money for doing it.
2. Cut Back Electrical Use - Cutting down on how much electricity you use is another easy way to go green. Just taking a few simple steps such as unplugging appliances that are not in use, hanging clothes to dry more often, and keeping your thermostat at 68 degrees. Not only is this good for the environment but you will also save a considerable amount of money.
3. Buy Local - Buying whatever products are available local is also a great way to lessen your carbon footprint. Store bought produce and meat travels miles and miles in some cases, using a considerable amount of fuel along the way. You can help reduce that amount of fuel by buying from local farmers.
4. Use Reusable Water and Food Containers - Disposable water bottles, food containers, and silverware account for large sums of trash every year and often they do not end up where they are supposed to. By using reusable containers you are preventing those disposable ones from ending up buried in the ground and decreasing the amount of fuel used to manufacture them.
5. Buy Green - Numerous companies offer green products for purchase these days. Many goods such as clothing, cards, and paper are made from recycled materials and some companies are even producing green cleaning products that are made from natural ingredients. These types of products are meant to enable us to live greener and protect the planet.
6. Keep Documents in Electronic Format - Paying bills online, and keeping documents in electronic format rather than on paper helps to save millions of trees every year. And with technology being so advanced today its simple to do to.
To keep your room cool opt for cotton furnishings. Best to go for cotton bedsheets, pillow covers and avoid synthetics. You can even go for natural fillings in the pillows instead of foam or fibre pillow. This will also keep the environment safe as the foam or fibre takes long to decompose in nature and also keeps you warm.These are just few trick to keep "green" in your living while you are saving on power bills, food bills, health checks and so on. While summers prompt you to stay indoors, the green ideas can help you spend some family time with nature or going creatively together.
Following these few simple steps will help you to begin reducing you carbon footprint and have you soon on your way to living a greener, more sustainable life.